Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tashi Dalek!

Welcome to the first-ever post of our future cookbook blockbuster runaway bestselling fund raising book! Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? You may wonder where in the world all this talk about a cookbook came from, so I thought I'd fill you all in.

During one of our many wonderful pot luck lunches after a Sunday dharma talk at Pema Karpo Meditation Center, Henry L. and I were oo-ing and ahh-ing over the fantastic variety of dishes that always found their way to our table. From their the idea for a cookbook sort of sprang forward. And the idea of making it a fundraising effort just made sense. Why not share our stories, our recipes and our ideas on how we can have a more compassionate way of eating with the community at large and raise some much needed funding for the meditation center in the process?

I created this blog as a way for us to gather our information together in one place to not only enable us to see the project grow, but to have some fun experimenting with the recipes coming our way. I can already say that I have made Eva's Hungarian pea soup on two occasions, and my husband actually ate the leftovers. If you knew my husband, you would appreciate that this is a minor miracle.

Once we have enough information to go to press we'll have a binding party and I'll take the finished books with me to area farmers' markets as I peddle my wares of heirloom veggies. Proceeds from the sales of the books will go to the project of Khenpo Gawang Rinpoche's choosing. I hope you'll have fun with this project, and dive in with both feet.

Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment